Portage Public Schools is fortunate to have exceptional facilities for
student and community learning. In order to efficiently schedule
building usage, organizations must contact their school building or Marti
Phelps at 323-6759.
Marti can also be reached at
Did you know that:
• So far in 2012-13, 200 outside groups scheduled meetings, classes or events in Portage Public Schools.
• We expect to schedule 38,775 events, most outside of the
school day, in Portage Public Schools this school year.
• Many groups such as Boy/Girl Scouts only pay a $15 annual fee to use our
• Community Education Enrichment classes are sponsored by Portage Public
Schools. These programs benefit adults and kids and a significant senior
• Groups such as Bantam basketball or Kalamazoo Jr. Symphony Orchestra, who
don’t have a facility of their own, are a non-profit and work to benefit
kids are charged a very low rate to use our gyms & school spaces.
• Classrooms cannot be reserved by any group until after 6 pm. This
preserves space for teachers for after-school planning, correcting papers,
parent meetings, etc.