List of Sports offered by Season and Grade
Sports Teams Schedules for all seasons
Physical Form to be filled out by the doctor
$35 physicals available @ Hometown Urgent Care on South Westnedge
*You must have a current physical (performed on or after 4/15/2019) on file with the athletic office for the 2019-2020 school year.
Cross Country Info for 2020-21:
- We are including the full MHSAA health and safety protocol form… You can view that here. For us, we will use our high schools as our example. Kids will be filling out a health form exactly like our high school athletes do before any team contact. Please click here for that form. Kids will wear a mask for group times, but will NOT need to mask up for warm up, dynos, races, cool downs, etc.
- OUR FIRST PRACTICE IS TUESDAY… We will practice Monday through Thursday from 4-5:30. We meet at the entrance to McCamley Field each practice… We’ll keep our water bottles somewhere by the Mustang Statue. When we know our schedule for meets (still tbd), we’ll plan some recovery run days as an off day for practice. More info coming soon on that.
- PHYSICALS: Kids who participated in a sport last year and had a physical on file with the school will need to fill out this form. Our returning kids will NOT NEED a new physical. Incoming sixth graders or new runners without a physical on file last year WILL NEED A PHYSICAL on file this year… You can get those forms to one of us at a practice when you have them from your doctor.
- WE’LL SEE THE KIDS ON TUESDAY FOR PRACTICE FROM 4-5:30 AT THE STATUE!! Make sure to fill the health form for your athlete before each practice or meet. Bring your running shoes, water bottle, mask, and a ton of positive energy for an awesome season!
Football and Volleyball
- Football Practice will start Monday, September 14th. Practices will be 3:30-5:30 PM everyday weather permitting. Players should be dropped off at Portage Central High School Pool Parking Area on the Southeast side of the high school, near the tennis courts . Our football team will not have access to the building. Please come dressed for practice with cleats. Players will need to be picked up immediately after practice. Please bring a water bottle with your name on it.
- Volleyball Try-outs – Monday, September 14th – Tuesday, September 15th. Try-outs will be 3:00-4:30 PM. Players will need to be dropped off at the south entrance near the locker rooms. Players will use the stairwell inside those doors and immediately go to the gym. Players should come dressed for practice. We will have bathrooms but we will not be using the locker rooms. Players will need to be picked up immediately after practice.
All players must have a physical on file in the office to participate. Due to COVID, the MHSAA is allowing physicals from the previous school year to be utilized. However, MHSAA is requiring an updated health questionnaire for those athletes with an existing physical form on file. If there is no form on file, one will need to be completed by a physician.
All players must wear a mask unless they have a doctor’s medical clearance to not wear one.
All players must bring their own water bottle (labeled with name).
More information will be provided at practice on Monday. If you have immediate questions, please contact our Athletic Director, Mr. John Dunlop [email protected].