If your school issued Chromebook is lost or broken, please take the following steps:
- First, review items in the troubleshooting guide.
- Within 24 hours, complete a support request form.
- Drop off your broken Chromebook at one of the following locations for repairs:
- CHS – Main Office
- NHS – Appropriate Grade Level Office
- CMS- Main Office
- NMS- Main Office
- WMS- Media Center
- Summer – Technology Department at the PPS Administration Building
- A loaner device will be available for the student to use during the school day until their device is repaired or replaced.
- Lost Chromebooks will be disabled until located. When disabled, they will not be usable, even if they are reset.
As per terms of the PPS Chromebook contracts, you may be financially responsible for Chromebook repairs/replacements.
If it is determined a Chromebook was damaged as a result of neglect or misuse, you will be assessed a repair fee. Currently, repair fees are as follows:
- Replacement Screen – $50
- Replacement Keyboard – $75
- Replacement Motherboard – $130
- Replacement charger (C771) $35
- Replacement charger (C740) $20
- Replacement Back Cover – $30
- Replacement Bezel – $15
- Replacement Bottom Case – $30
- Replacement Hinges (Left and Right) – $20
- Replacement Battery – $30
- Replacement Daughterboard – $5
- Replacement LED Board with cable – $5
- Replacement Storage Drive – $20
- Replacement Webcam – $6
- Replacement Speakers – $6
- Replacement Heat sink – $15
- Replacement Video Cable – $12
- Entire Chromebook – $240