Welcome to the Portage Public Schools Transportation Department
On any given school day the Transportation Department is responsible for getting approximately 5500 students to and from school safely and on time. That is equivalent of moving a small city twice a day! Please explore the information included here and please call if you have any questions or concerns.
General Information about Bus Routes
- All times are estimated and are subject to change.
- All routes listed run Monday through Friday.
- All routes published are morning general education routes. For special routes please call the transportation office for current information
- Bus numbers are subject to change.
- Bus drivers are subject to change.
- Unused stops are canceled after 3 days of no students. Parents need to call to resume service.
- Route times and buses often change during the school year. If your student does not ride on a regular basis, please call the Transportation Department for current transportation information.
- Students should be at their assigned stop, ready to board the bus 5 minutes before the scheduled stop time. Buses cannot wait for tardy students.
- Some routes with heavy loads may not be able to accommodate additional riders due to bus capacity. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee extra groups will have adequate seating for scout meetings, birthday parties, and etc.
- We ask that parents help us make sure students ride the buses to which they are assigned.
Thank you for supporting your Transportation Team!
Safe Walking Routes
- 12th Street Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- Amberly Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- Angling Road Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- Community Education/North Middle/Northern High Safe Walking Routes
- Central Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- Central Middle/Central High Safe Walking Routes
- Haverhill Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- Lake Center Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- Moorsbridge Elementary Safe Walking Routes
- West Middle Safe Walking Routes
- Woodland Elementary Safe Walking Routes