Welcome to Curious Kids!
Portage Public Schools and Curious Kids are pleased to offer comprehensive child care and pre-school options for children in our community. Programs are available for the tiniest tots through middle school-aged children. Your family will find the perfect fit at Curious Kids!
Early Learning Center
A positive learning environment is provided for children from 6 weeks until school-age. We are proud of our 4 star rating with the Great Start to Quality program! We are open Monday – Friday from 7:00 am- 6:00 pm. All programs utilize the Creative Curriculum model.
- Infant/Toddler: for children from 6 weeks to 2 years old. Our experienced caregivers provide a safe and nurturing environment while using positive encouragement. This program provides full time care only.
- Transition: for children who are 2 and are starting to work on potty training. Our patient and kind caregivers will help them find success in their journey. This program provides full time care only.
- Preschool: for children who are 3 and 4 and potty trained. Both Safe Harbor (full day) and Bright Beacon (half day) classrooms concentrate on the nine areas of development and learning; cognitive, social-emotional, physical, literacy, language, mathematics, science, social studies and the arts. Screenings and assessments are completed on all children. Families and teachers will conference twice a year. Our goal is for all children to leave our program fully prepared for Kindergarten or Young 5s.
School Age Care
- School Age Child Care at Milham: Children enrolled at Haverhill or Central Elementary receive care at our Milham site. Child care is available for Middle School Students as well. Call for more information. Meals and snacks are provided. We are located in the Portage Community Education Center at 1010 W. Milham, Portage, MI 49024. Please call 323-6780 for more information.
- School Age care at satellites: Children enrolled at Amberly, Angling Road, Lake Center, Moorsbridge, Woodland and 12th Street can receive care at their home school. Curious Kids has a classroom in each of these schools.
- Child care is provided before and after school, on half-days and scheduled non-school days. Curious Kids is open over spring break, and provides full time care over the summer months. Hours for school age care are Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour of the facility, please contact our office at 269-323-6780 or email us at [email protected].