Non-Resident Student Transfer Program
Portage Public Schools occasionally allows students that do not live in the Portage Public School residential boundary to attend school within the district, if certain criteria are met. We make an effort to accommodate family requests and place students at the building of their choice; however, if a student is approved, it is to the district and will be placed at whichever school has availability.
Non-Resident (In-County) Transfer Process
- Verify that the district in which you reside is serviced by KRESA by clicking here.
- Complete our 2017/18 Non-Resident Transfer Application
- Contact your resident district to obtain a release to submit to the Instructional Services Office – even if your student has never attended your resident district
- If approved,
- The student will be expected to attend school regularly and on-time
- The student will be expected to abide by the Student Code of Conduct.
*The school/district reserves the right to take formal action to rescind a student’s transfer due to circumstances such as poor attendance, inappropriate behavior, or declining academic performance.
- Per State of Michigan Pupil Accounting Requirements, this process must be completed annually for your students continued attendance in the district to be considered.