Why Portage?Steve Van Dyke2018-10-01T17:26:01-05:00
- Portage Public Schools (PPS) has approximately 8,700 students throughout 8 elementary, 3 middle, and 3 high schools. PPS also runs an early childhood program, Curious Kids.
- PPS has outstanding results in student achievement in all testing measurements.
- Half of all high school juniors and seniors take International Baccalaureate classes.
- PPS began offering an Early-Middle College program in the fall of 2017, in partnership with KVCC.
- Academically Talented Youth Programs (ATYP) provides advanced mathematics and writing instruction for academically-advanced middle school students.
- PPS participates in the county-wide Education for Employment (EFE) and Education for the Arts (EFA) programs. EFE and EFA students have a range of opportunities open to them, including school-based, business-based, arts/technology-based, and cooperative education classes.
- More than 70% of faculty hold master’s degrees.
- Faculty professional development stresses individual student learning styles.
- We are the first area district to offer online learning, parent internet viewing, and campus-wide wireless. PPS is also moving to 1:1 Chromebooks for all students to enhance classroom learning.
Our updated high schools’ profile! Printable Version Here. PPS High Schools Profile Final 2018-19