West Middle School is located at 7145 Moorsbridge Road in Portage, Michigan which is just minutes away from I-94 and US-131.
To find West when approaching from the north or south, follow US-131 to the Centre Street exit. Exit east on Centre Street for .2 miles until you reach Moorsbridge Road (the first traffic signal after the several lights at the highway). Turn north on Moorsbridge Road and follow it as it winds through Woodbridge Hills and past the golf course. West is on the right about .6 miles north of Centre. It is the second school building that you will pass.
To find West when approaching from the east or west, follow I-94 to Oakland Drive. Exit south onto Oakland and continue about 1.5 miles until you reach Romence Road. Turn right (west) on Romence for about a half-mile and then turn left (south) on Moorsbridge Road. West is about .1 mile on the left. It is the first school that you come to.
Please be aware that the new speed limit on Romence and Moorsbridge in the proximity of the school during school hours is 25 miles per hour. Please help to keep our students safe!
It’s easy to find your way around West once you know these tips:
• All odd numbered hallways run north/south (note the O’s)
• All even numbered hallways run east/west (note the E’s)
• All room numbers begin with the hallway they face
• All odd numbered rooms are on one side of the hallway, evens on the other
• Room numbers get larger as you move away from the 200 hallway, or front of the building