We are offering off campus lunch passes to all grades with parent permission – simply read and complete this form. The form does NOT need to be printed. The student then simply bring $2 cash to the main office before or after school. We will confirm parents have completed the form and will issue the pass.
Our seniors received a hard copy of the 2022 Senior Guide on Monday August 30, but you can also view and/or print it here. We encourage you to keep this handy as it is packed full of good info to guide you thru this important deadline-filled last year of high school.
Find details on our PN/PC high school mask protocols here and the full PPS protocols here.
August Huskie Tracks
It takes LOTS of information to kick off each new school year, and here’s where you’ll find it – the August/September issue of the Huskie Tracks, our (mostly) monthly newsletter. It is packed with tons of details to help you transition back into Northern life.
Natatorium Grand Opening
Save the date! It was just a few short years ago that our community approved the transformation of our Northern campus. New middle school, soccer complex, sports stadium, and now the final piece is about to be dedicated. Our new natatorium will be a beautiful centerpiece between the three schools and will benefit our entire community. Make plans to come to our public dedication ceremony on Tuesday September 7 with tours starting at 5:15 followed by a few words and then an inaugural swim meet.
If you’d like to order a custom glass brick to be installed inside the Natatorium lobby, find the details at gohuskieaquatics.com.
Office hours are 7:30am-3:30pm. Visitors may only enter the building at the main office – please wear a mask!
New to our Campus?
If you aren’t familiar with our campus, find a map of our entire site plus full building maps here.
If a student’s Chromebook needs repairs, please fill out this form. Our building IT specialist will reply shortly with the process for the next steps. Also, find here some great troubleshooting topics and pointers.
Minors under 18 years of age must obtain a work permit between the employer and the governing school district before starting work. If the minor changes jobs, a new work permit is required for the new employer. A work permit may be revoked for poor academic performance. A work permit is required even if the minor is home/cyber/virtual/online schooled, does not attend school, or is an out-of-state resident.
Here are the steps:
- Print a blank from these links, or can pick up a hard copy in the 3rd floor offices. Print the CA-6 Work Permit for minors under 16 years of age (landscape format) or Print the CA-7 Work Permit for minors 16 to 17 years of age (portrait format).
- Student completes the top portion.
- Employer completes the middle section.
- Student bring the completed form to the 3rd floor office and Mrs Clemens will complete the bottom portion. Bring a form of ID if you have it to speed up the process. We can use the school record to verify identity, but it will take a bit longer.
- We will make a copy to keep in the student’s file.
- Take the original completed work permit back to their employer.
Please note: All required fields (including signatures) must be legible, and all needed fields must be complete. If a signature is not legible, please also print the name. Incomplete or illegible permits will be delayed.
For more information on the State of Michigan’s Youth Employment Standards Act, please read more here.
All transcript requests for college or scholarship applications are processed directly via Parchment. If you have questions, contact [email protected].
Note: Student’s unofficial transcripts can be found in their Skyward Portfolio (tab is on the left side of the student’s Skyward page).
For PNHS graduates, the PPS website has complete instructions to request transcripts.
Skyward Family Access
Here is a direct link to Skyward Family Access.
Students login with their firstname. lastname that matches their PPS email and their network password. If your student does not know or does not remember their password, they can check in at their grade office or contact Mrs. Marsh.
Parents, if you don’t know your password, here are easy instructions to reset:
1. Make sure your email is on file and up to date with your school. This should have been included with your enrollment information.
2. Navigate to skyward.portageps.org to access the log in screen.
3. Click on the “Forgot Password” link, which is just underneath the ‘Sign In’ button.
4. Enter the email you have on file with your school and click “submit”.
5. You will receive a link in your email inbox with a Login ID and instructions to reset your password.
If you have other questions about Skyward, please contact Brenda Marsh by email or call 323-5466.