Summer Office Hours
Our main office will be open the first week of summer break Monday-Friday 7am-noon, 12:30-3:30pm, and then June 17-28 and July 8-August 22: Monday-Thursdays, open 8am-11:30am and 1:00-3:00pm, closed Fridays. Due to scheduling changes, hours are subject to change so please feel free to call ahead 323-5461.
Regular hours resume August 26: Monday-Friday 7am-noon, 12:30-3:30pm.
Required summer reading for our English classes are as follows:
IB HL 12th grade
IB SL 11th grade
Those students who have been recommended for summer school have been contacted by their counselor. If your students is attending Summer School this year, take a look at the details. If you have questions, please contact your student’s counselor.
Minors under 18 years of age must obtain a work permit between the employer and the governing school district before starting work. If the minor changes jobs, a new work permit is required for the new employer. A work permit may be revoked for poor academic performance. A work permit is required even if the minor is home/cyber/virtual/online schooled, does not attend school, or is an out-of-state resident.
Here are the steps:
- Print a blank from these links, or can pick up a hard copy in the main office. Print the CA-6 Work Permit for minors under 16 years of age (landscape format) or Print the CA-7 Work Permit for minors 16 to 17 years of age (portrait format).
- Student completes the top portion.
- Employer completes the middle section.
- Student bring the completed form back to the main office and Mrs Mein will complete the bottom portion. Bring a form of ID to speed up the process. We can use the school record to verify identity, but it will take a bit longer.
- We will make a copy to keep in the student’s file.
- Take the original completed work permit back to their employer.
- In the event the PNHS main office is closed (see schedule and hours above), students can also get this paperwork completed at the Administration Building or via email. Find details and instructions on the District’s website.
Please note: All required fields (including signatures) must be legible, and all needed fields must be complete. If a signature is not legible, please also print the name. Incomplete or illegible permits will be delayed.
For more information on the State of Michigan’s Youth Employment Standards Act, please read more here.
We welcomed the Class of 2026 at our Future Huskies Night on February 16, 2022. Each department pre-recorded a brief video about the options in each area, plus other important information to know for the transition to Portage Northern. While the Q+A links on that handout were for ‘live’ meetings, the links to the pre-recorded sessions are available at any time as well as the email contact links.
If a student’s Chromebook needs repairs, please fill out this form. Our building IT specialist will reply shortly with the process for the next steps. Also, find here some great troubleshooting topics and pointers.
All transcript requests for college or scholarship applications are processed directly via Parchment. If you have questions, contact [email protected].
Note: Student’s unofficial transcripts can be found in their Skyward Portfolio (tab is on the left side of the student’s Skyward page).
For PNHS graduates, the PPS website has complete instructions to request transcripts.
Skyward Family Access
Here is a direct link to Skyward Family Access.
Students login with their firstname. lastname that matches their PPS email and their network password. If your student does not know or does not remember their password, they can check in at their grade office or contact Mrs. Marsh.
Parents, if you don’t know your password, here are easy instructions to reset:
1. Make sure your email is on file and up to date with your school. This should have been included with your enrollment information.
2. Navigate to skyward.portageps.org to access the log in screen.
3. Click on the “Forgot Password” link, which is just underneath the ‘Sign In’ button.
4. Enter the email you have on file with your school and click “submit”.
5. You will receive a link in your email inbox with a Login ID and instructions to reset your password.
If you have other questions about Skyward, please contact Brenda Marsh by email or call 323-5466.